Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | so frustrating » | Still no dice » | No luck yet » | chillin in the club » | Try try again » | So close...yet so far away... » | Must reach WSOP... » | Sideways » | Almost there... » | The week that was » 

Sunday, June 26, 2005 

The tide is turning

After a couple of days of endless bad beats, variance has shown its head on the positive side. 1 tournament last night and 3 today made for good times.

Last night I played in the Poker Forum Challenge for PSO and did really well. It was a $5000 freeroll with first place taking $1375. There were 1435 or so entrants and only the top 30 got paid. I managed to finish 20th for a $45 win. the blinds were just too much for me at that point and had to push with QJ only to be called by AK. Nice finish though.

Today I played 2 of the $4.40 satellites for a token and won one token to the $26 event and finished second in the other for $10.

9pm was the PSO League Tournament and I played really well until the last hand. I was second in chips with 4 left. chip leader is the big blind and had about 18000 chips, I had 13000 chips. I have KQ in the small blind. Blinds are 200/400 and I raised to 1600. He called. Flop comes KJ7. I bet big and he raised me all in. Up until this point I had been raising a lot preflop and thought maybe he was just trying to push me off my hand. Unfortunately he showed JJ and out I went in 4th place. It was a $5 tournament and I won $18 and 2000 PSO points (equiv of $20). So not a bad showing but I should have finished higher. I didn't need to get involved with the chip leader at that point and especially not for all my chips in that spot. Oh well. Live and learn.

Wednesday is the last day for the $26 satellites to the $1500 WSOP events. There are 6 satellites, each different events so hopefully I'll win more tokens. I'll at least play the $24 NL Tuesday night at midnight. wish me luck!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates