Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Good Friday » | Almost! » | 5k » | I can see! » | Weekend Warrior » | Keep it goin » | Success » | Look out below... » | Over the weekend » | Hangin out » 

Sunday, April 17, 2005 

Saturday Extravaganza

Lots to talk about today :) We hosted a tournament today with 9 people. I won the tournament and my wife finished third. It's the third one we've hosted. I've now finished 1st, 4th and 1st and my wife has finished 2nd, 3rd and 3rd. I feel kind of bad for my friends because I play a lot more than any of them. I hope they aren't getting too frustrated. I'm not an expert or anything yet but I'd be glad to share tips and tactics if any of them asked. Jess does pretty well just from watching tv and listening to me ramble about good or bad plays i've made. I know I misplayed a couple of hands. I raised big with TT out of the small blind and got 2 callers. Flop came AQx and I made a weak bet on the flop when I probably should have raised more. I was called and then check-folded the turn. I may have won the hand with a stronger bet on the flop but 2 overcards with 2 people in front of me scared the hell out of me.

Later that evening...I played in the $1 omaha hi/lo tournament. I played well and got some really incredible hands. A couple of nice scoops and I was in first place with 14 people left. 109 started the tourney. I was second in chips going to the final table and managed to finish in third place! So it's been a great week for tournaments :)

My NL luck ran out though. Played a tournament for PSO which is like US vs Canada. I didn't represent the US very well. I was near the button with KK. Guy in early position min raised. I reraised. Then he pushed all in. It's so hard giving up those cowboys. And looking back and knowing what I know about my opponent, I should have folded. But of course I called and got knocked out of the tourney early.

Oh well but a nice day at 2/4 as well!

Saturday 4/16
Ring Games:
.5/1: +$2.85
.5/1 (1/2kill): +$0.10
2/4: +$78.45

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 NL: 37 of 43: 5 paid
$1 Omaha hi/lo: 3 of 109, 18 paid: won $13.90


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates