Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | I want to play! » | Pokerstars $11 R&A » | Finally have time to play a tournament and » | Home game tournament » | My weekly tournament » | I started a directory » | Thank you Steelers! » | No time to play » | August Report » | Quick Atlantic City Report » 

Friday, September 29, 2006 

You've got to be kidding me

Pokerstars $11 Chiptalk.net weekly tournament

50 entrants

Early on I had some issues. My AA lost to 88 which hit their 8 on the river. My QQ had a Kxx flop and I got raised on the flop and decided to throw it away. So I was down to about 400 chips at the 25/50 level. Folded to SB who pushed all in and I woke up with AQ. He shows K7 and I double up when the ace hits on the turn.

Doubled up a couple more times and managed to take a bunch of chips off a weak player who kept min raising from late position.

With 7 players left I luckily doubled up when I pushed all in with 55, Megabit woke up with aces and I hit a set on the flop.

Now to my nemesis. This guy that never plays the tournament was a nutty player. Earlier he was one of two limpers at 200/400 and I pushed all in to 2800 from the Big blind and he called with J4s (he had about 12k chips). That was a nice double up for me.

So here is my knockout hand for your viewing pleasure. I sometimes half expect this in the beginning of a tournament, but at the final table?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)



saw flop|saw showdown



BB (t18344)

UTG (t13290)

MP (t14334)

CO (t13577)

Button (t10500)

SB (t4955)



Preflop: Scottwire is MP with Ks, Qs.

1 fold, MP raises to t1800, 3 folds, BB calls t1200.



Flop: (t3250) Js, 6d, Qc (2 players)

BB checks, MP bets t4200, BB calls t4200.



Turn: (t11650) Kc (2 players)

BB checks, MP bets t8284 (All-In), BB calls t8284.



River: (t28218) Ac (2 players, 1 all-in)



Final Pot: t28218





BB has 8c Tc (flush, ace high).

Scottwire has Ks Qs (two pair, kings and queens).

Outcome: BB wins t28218.

That is the worst flop call ever. Oh well I'll save my energy for the PSO freeroll Saturday.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tough hand. Can't say I understand all of his motives but here is my theory.

Given that he probably knew you were an aggressive player and the flop came up Queen high, he probably did NOT put you on a Queen. This is all too common belief in most poker players. They simply do not believe their opponents ever play Queens and if there is no Ace or King on the board they will usually call to see one more card. He only had a gutshot str8 draw on the flop but he doubted you had more than Ace high or something at that point. He saw that you overbet the pot here. It made it look like you were trying to buy it here. He probably thought it was a bluff. Still - bad call on his part regardless.

When the turn hit, it gave him a OESD and Flush draw. His thinking now is - I have him covered and I have a ton of outs. He was going to call you and take a shot. And boom - he hits both the str8 and the flush same time. Bad for you.

He ignored pot odds basically and went on his original hunch. He probably knew you may have had a King but still went for it. Sorry to hear that busted you, draw outs are never easy to take.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates